Poor posture is a leading cause of headaches and spinal pain. It can also lead to joint degeneration, rounded shoulders and pot belly. A wide range of factors may contribute to postural deficiencies, including muscular imbalance, bone deformity, obesity, pregnancy, injury/surgery, workplace setup or stress/tension.
Physiotherapists are trained to assess and correct postural issues, and provide advice with regard to desk and workstation setup to enable you to maintain a good postural position.
Some of the treatment options commonly employed by Queensland Physiotherapy in remediating postural deficiencies include:
- Core muscle activation
- Workstation setup and ergonomics
- Joint mobilisation
Our practice Principal, Ian Alberts, is also an accredited Instructor Trainer of the BOUNCE Back Active Rehabilitation System. This 8-week treatment program can assist in many situations including:
- People with significant back, neck, shoulder and hip pain
- Post-surgical patients
- Preparing your body for Pilates or general exercise, no matter what your condition
- The Industrial Athlete (manual worker) wanting to get back to work
- Desk workers suffering postural pain and overuse issues
- Elite athletes looking for that performance edge.