Spinal pain can be a debilitating condition. Depending on location, sufferers may endure difficulty in walking, sleeping, bending or sitting, and can struggle to undertake daily activities.
Spinal pain can originate from either joints or muscles, and accurately determining its source is important in creating the optimum treatment plan. With appropriate treatment, spinal pain can be effectively managed and pain substantially reduced.
Some of the treatment options commonly employed by Queensland Physiotherapy in remediating spinal pain include:
- Core exercises
- Joint mobilisations
- Muscular retraining
- Electrotherapy (Ultrasound, TENS etc)
Our practice Principal, Ian Alberts, is also an accredited Instructor Trainer of the BOUNCE Back Active Rehabilitation System. This 8-week treatment program is useful for many individuals suffering from non-acute spinal dysfunction. It can assist in many situations including:
- People with significant back, neck, shoulder and hip pain
- Post-surgical patients
- Preparing your body for Pilates or general exercise, no matter what your condition
- The Industrial Athlete (manual worker) wanting to get back to work
- Desk workers suffering postural pain and overuse issues
- Elite athletes looking for that performance edge.